27 September 2012

From Sr. Bernardine: "Pray Always"

If you worry, don't pray.
If you pray, don't worry.

Francis de Sales wrote: "Go to prayer with great meekness of spirit, without wanting to do anything there, save to receive from Our Lord what He will give you." He suggests that we pray with confidence, perseverance, patience and humility.

GOD KNOWS BEFORE WE ASK WHAT WE WANT. But he does want us to ask. Didn't Jesus say: "Ask . . ." And didn't He promise: "and it will be given to you"?

"I did ask. And the answer was 'NO!'" "I did pray and I didn't get what I asked for." Praying with meekness means praying with patient endurance.

"If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask him."

ASK . . . .

Sister Mary Bernardine, VHM

1 comment:

clare said...

Sister l surely admire your great faith.Please pray for me to build up my faith too.....